How To Help
Holiday Family Assistance
The City of Saint Charles strives to assist families in need each year during the holiday season. If you know of a City of Saint Charles resident that could use help during this time, click the link below to submit a form requesting they be considered. You will be asked to choose between a Thanksgiving meal or some Christmas gifts for the individual/family.
Submission of this form does not guarantee that we will be able to assist the person you recommend. All recommendations will be considered and we will help as many residents as possible. We will notify you if we are able to assist them.
If you are interested in volunteering, please see the following application.
We are always seeking donations to help care for the animals. If you would like to help, below are some of the items we’re wishing for, or please visit our Amazon Wish List.
- Blankets or towels (new or used) for bedding
- Dog or puppy food (dry/wet)
- Pooper scoopers
- Dog treats (small/large - no raw hides)
- Small blankets or towels (new or used) for bedding
- Double sided cat feeding dish
- Food (wet/dry)
- Cat or kitten food
- Shoe boxes (the cats love to snuggle in them)
- Cat treats
For the Shelter
- Bleach or general cleaning products
- Brooms/dust pans
- Dawn® dish soap
- hE laundry detergent
- Full-sheet newspaper (no ads, no shredded)
- Paper towels
- Window cleaner
- Call to see what special items we might be wishing for today.
- If you would like to donate a dog bed, please visit the Kuranda website.
All of your donations are greatly appreciated. Our furry friends thank you!