Appointment of Counsel

If the Prosecuting Attorney is requesting that you be sentenced to jail for the violation for which you are charged, or it appears to the Judge that there is a reasonable likelihood that you will be sentenced to jail, the Judge will notify you before accepting a plea of guilty or not guilty. If jail is a possible punishment and you do not have an attorney, the Court may appoint an attorney for you. You do not have a constitutional right to have an attorney appointed if jail is not a likely punishment.