Street, Traffic, and Fleet Crews within the Public Works Division are responsible for maintaining the city’s streets, sidewalks, and fleet operations. These crews are responsible for maintaining about 460 miles of City right-of-way. This includes:
• Street Sweeping
• Snow and Ice Removal
• Pavement maintenance
• Repairing Potholes
• Repairing and replacing concrete curbs, gutters, slabs, and sidewalks.
• Coordinating the Adopt-A-Roadway Program
• Operating the Main Street Beautification Project.
• Installing and maintaining traffic signals
• Repairing and replacing street signs
• Maintains the vehicles and equipment assigned to Public Works and Community Development.
• Operates the St. Charles Area Trasit System (SCAT). To contact SCAT please call 636-949-3363.