The City has a contract with Woodard and Curran (W&C) for the operation and maintenance of our two sanitary sewer treatment plants and twenty-two lift stations. W&C provides management, operation, and maintenance expertise for the day-to-day operation and long-term capital asset management of the City of Saint Charles Wastewater Treatment Facilities. These facilities treat sewage to federal standards prior to discharge.
The facilities include:
- Mississippi River Facility - 9.63 million gallons per day (MGD)
- Missouri River Facility - 7.54 MGD
- 22 lift stations
W&C is also responsible for the oversight of the City's industrial Pretreatment Program.
Wastewater Division staff are responsible for:
- Efficient quality control
- Regulatory compliance and reporting
- Safety performance
- Management of operation and maintenance activities
- Solids handling and disposal through the biosolids land application program
- Industrial discharge monitoring
- Maintain FOG (Fats, Oils & Grease) Program