Fight Fire Together Through Fire Prevention
http://www.homeadvisor.com/article.show.Home-Improvements-to-Prevent-Kitchen-Fires.17324.htmlFire prevention is an important part of the fire service. Please make it an important part of your home and business attitude. Have a fire safe attitude!
Programs We Offer
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Fire Station Tours
- People with Disabilities Fire Safety Checklist
Other Helpful Links
These links from nationally recognized organizations will help you better understand fire safety and prevention. Please take time to review the information and share it with family and friends. All of us are responsible for fire safety and prevention.
Home Fire Safety and Prevention
- Home Fires
- Fire Safety Checklist for Homeowners and Renters
- Home Improvements to Prevent Kitchen Fires
- Lista para La prevención de incenios dirigida a los propietarios e inquilinos
Kids and Fire Safety
The St. Charles Fire Department has a Fire-Safe Seniors Program. This program helps you plan and implement fire safety interventions for you and your family. It includes:
- Home assessments to identify existing fire hazards and determine the need for smoke alarms.
- Smoke alarm installation to ensure participants’ homes are adequately equipped with working smoke alarms.
- Education to provide in-person fire safety messages and tips to older adults, their family members and caregivers.
- Follow-up to determine if alarms are working, to assess any changes in the older adult’s safety knowledge, attitudes and behaviors, and to see if any fires have occurred.
- FEMA Fire Prevention for People with Disabilities
- National Fire Prevention Educational Material for People Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- FEMA Fire Prevention for College Students
- Minger Foundation Campus Life and Fire Safety
- The College Student's Guide to Fire Safety and Education
We strongly encourage you to contact us when developing emergency plans for your business. We provide a free fire risk assessment for small businesses in the City of St. Charles. Contact us at 636-949-3250.