Convention Center Boulevard Extension
Impacted Ward: 3
Contractor: Gershenson Construction
The Convention Center Boulevard (South Fairgrounds Road) Extension Project will connect two dead end sections, replace the driving surface and provide direct access to Interstate 70 at the Convention Center Boulevard interchange.
Major operations on this project are complete.
- Property surveying began January 2017.
- On May 17, 2017 the County Road Board approved the roadway alignment. A second Open House occurred on May 18, 2016. A third was held on November 6, 2017.
- Crews completed the demolition of 1816 Fairgrounds in October 2018.
- Construction began the week of February 17, 2019.
- Crews began grinding trees and brush on March 1, 2019.
- April 2019, sanitary main relocation was complete and sat 160’ of box culvert from the detention basin to Crystal Springs Creek.
- New water line installed under Crystal Springs Creek the week of June 3. Contractor installed water main across the main northern entrance to the Convention Center the week of July 8th.
- New bridge deck was poured October 3, 2019. Water main work is complete. Mayfair Road has been repaved with new asphalt.
- Major operations on this project are complete. The road was opened to traffic on February 4, 2020. Seed, sod, and landscaping will be continued in the spring as weather allows, and the fence along the east side of the roadway will be painted to remove graffiti.
- Construction is expected to be complete by Spring 2020.