Convention Center Boulevard Extension
Impacted Ward - 3
Construction Contractor - Gershenson Construction
The Convention Center Boulevard (South Fairgrounds Road) Extension Project will connect two dead end sections, replace the driving surface and provide direct access to Interstate 70 at the Convention Center Boulevard interchange.
Convention Center Boulevard from Sherbrooke Road to the Saint Charles Convention Center.
- Property surveying began in late January 2017
- On May 17, 2017 the County Road Board approved the roadway alignment
- A second Open House occurred on May 18, 2016. Public Works staff were on hand and discussed the project with area residents
- A third Open House was held on November 6, 2017 at the Saint Charles Convention Center in room 103
- Crews completed the demolition of 1816 Fairgrounds in October 2018
- Construction began the week of February 17, 2019 with crews clearing trees and removing fencing
- The detention basin behind the Convention Center has been drained
- Crews began grinding trees and brush on March 1, 2019
- Sanitary main relocation was complete the week of April 7
- Sat 160’ of box culvert from the detention basin to Crystal Springs Creek the week of April 7
- New water line installed under Crystal Springs Creek the week of June 3
- Fairgrounds between Sherbrooke and S 5th St has been temporarily re-striped
- Contractor continues installing 12" water main
- Initial bridge work began by digging out the area for the south side bridge walls
- Contractor will be installing water main across the main northern entrance to the Convention Center the week of July 8th. The entrance will remain open during construction.
- Contractor has begun placing rock blanket in the creek and continuing work on the southern bridge wall.
- Pile driving will begin on Friday July 26th
- Beginning Tuesday August 6th, Fairgrounds Rd just south of Sherbrooke to north of Mayfair will be closed. There will be no access at South Fifth Street.
- New bridge deck scheduled to be poured October 3, 2019. Water main work is complete. Mayfair Road has been repaved with new asphalt.