Convention Center Boulevard Extension
Impacted Ward: 3
Contractor: Gershenson Construction
The Convention Center Boulevard (South Fairgrounds Road) Extension Project will connect two dead end sections, replace the driving surface and provide direct access to Interstate 70 at the Convention Center Boulevard interchange.
Major operations on this project are complete.
- Property surveying began January 2017.
- Construction began the week of February 17, 2019.
- April 2019, sanitary main relocation was complete and sat 160’ of box culvert from the detention basin to Crystal Springs Creek.
- New water line installed under Crystal Springs Creek the week of June 3. Contractor installed water main across the main northern entrance to the Convention Center the week of July 8th.
- New bridge deck was poured October 3, 2019. Water main work is complete. Mayfair Road has been repaved with new asphalt.
- Major operations on this project are complete. The road was opened to traffic on February 4, 2020. Seed, sod, and landscaping will be continued in the spring as weather allows, and the fence along the east side of the roadway will be painted to remove graffiti.
- As of April 2020, this project is substantially complete. Seed and sod are placed, new trees have been planted, and all fences have been built.
- Remaining work consists of a flashing signal that will be installed at the Mayfair intersection to warn drivers of oncoming traffic.