- West Clay Rehabilitation
West Clay Rehabilitation - East
Impacted Wards: 2 & 9
Contractor: Krupp Construction
This project will overhaul West Clay Street from Duchesne to west of First Capitol Drive. The project will also realign the intersection of Droste and West Clay and remove a redundant signal at Chargene. The existing pavement in this corridor is in poor condition. The sidewalks are disconnected and in poor repair. The overhead utilities make improvements along the route difficult to construct. The project will rehab the roadway, provide bicycle and pedestrian facilities along West Clay Street, underground the overhead utilities, install decorative lighting and improve roadway drainage. The project has received outside funding from the County Road Board and the project was recommended in the Droste West Clay Duchesne Study to assist in the revitalization of the area.
Virtual Road Show
The goal of the West Clay Rehabilitation project is to do a complete overhaul of West Clay Street from Duchesne to west of First Capitol Drive. The project will help to improve traffic as well as the overall facade of the street.
Learn more through our Virtual Road Show video:
West Clay Street from Duchesne to west of First Capitol Drive
- County Road Board Funds were awarded in 2015.
- Federal STP-S funding application was submitted on March 3, 2016, and requested $1 million in federal funds.
- Design Notice to proceed and Kick-off Meeting were held on April 12, 2016.
- Open House was held on November 2, 2016.
- AT&T Traffic Plan (PDF)
- Contractors will be demolishing 4 properties as a part of this project:
- 501 Droste Road
- 2408 West Clay Street
- 2407 West Clay Street
- 1010 Chargene Street
- Spire began working on their West Clay utility relocations in August 2018.
- Notice to Proceed with Construction granted on March 25, 2019.
- This project is complete.