Cole Creek Flood Reduction Project - Elm Point ROAD to Runnymede DRIVE - 16STM8
Construction Ward - 10
Contract Awarded to: Ideal Landscape Group
This project will include creek channel widening and creek bank improvements along Cole Creek to reduce the risk of flooding in the area. Design of the project has been contracted to M3 Engineering Group. The design is anticipated to be complete in December 2018 with construction beginning in Spring 2019.
Cole Creek from Norfolk Southern railway bridge (Elm Point Road) to Runnymede Drive bridge.
Current Project Activities
- A project Open House was held on October 11, 2018
- Design completed in December 2018
- Construction is anticipated to begin in Spring 2019
- Crews began moving equipment on site the week of February 18, 2019
- Clearing began the week of February 24
- Runnymede Drive closed at Cole Creek on April 4, 2019
- Work on Runnymede Bridge continues
- Construction of the modular wall was completed the week of April 30, 2019
- Construction of boulder wall downstream of Runnymede bridge is complete
- Substructure for the new Runnymede bridge is complete
- Excavation of creek bank continues
- Contractor placed large stone revetement at the base of the boulder wall and continued with the creek bank stabilization
- Weather dependent, Contractor will be pouring the deck for the new Runnymede Bridge on August 1st
- Pace Construction poured the new Runnymede bridge deck August 2.
- Pace began taking down the concrete forms and worked on the bridge approach pavement. The bridge is currently scheduled to reopen on August 21st.
- Wehmeyer is continuing to work on relocating the 16” water main.
Ideal Landscape Group continues to work on the creek bank stabilization and storm sewer improvements