Rio Vista Drive. Culvert and South Fifth Street Culvert Replacements - 16STM9
Impacted Ward - 3
Contractor - Gershenson Construction
This project replaces existing undersized culverts along Crystal Springs Creek at Rio Vista Drive and South Fifth Street. The undersized Rio Vista culvert will be replaced with a eleven foot by twenty-four foot double concrete box culvert. The undersized South Fifth Street culvert will be replaced with a ten foot by twenty-two foot box culvert.
Construction of the new culverts has been completed. The City worked with CDG Engineers to revise the FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) through a process called Letter of Map Revision (LOMR). The FIRM maps were revised to show the updated 100 year flood plain limits after the culverts were replaced. FEMA has approved the LOMR revisions to the FIRM maps. The revised maps will become effective on January 28, 2020.
Rio Vista Drive between San Carlos Drive and South Fifth Street
South Fifth Street between Southern Oaks Way and Willow Oak Drive
Site Location (PDF)
Assistant City Engineer
Current Project Activities
- A Public Meeting was held on March 30, 2017
- Construction began on January 15, 2018
- Rio Vista culvert was completed on May 14, 2018
- Fifth Street culvert was completed on June 8, 2018
- Construction completed in July 2018
- LOMR survey notification issued 12/19/18
- LOMR submitted to FEMA5/29/19
- FEMA approval of LOMR 9/16/19
- LOMR approved by FEMA and will become effective on January 28, 2020.