Cole Creek Bank Stabilization Project at Zumbehl
Impacted Ward - 6
Contract awarded to: KCI Construction
Cole Creek is actively widening and its west bank is at risk of encroaching onto adjacent buildings and a parking lot. In order to control the current erosion, the solution is to stabilize the east and west side banks.
The project site is located in Cole Creek from the Zumbehl Road Culverts upstream approximately 560 feet.
- Project charter was approved in October 2016
- Design is scheduled to be complete in Spring 2018
- Right-of-Way is scheduled to be complete in Spring 2018
- Construction is scheduled to begin in Spring 2018 and be substantially complete by early 2019
- Winning bidder is KCI Construction Company
- Week of August 12, crews began removing overgrowth and grading the creek bank
- A temporary construction access road was rocked the week of August 19
- The week of August 26, crews began removing dirt of the south slope
- As of 6/21/19:
- KCI has completed all of the clearing and they are significantly done with grading
- Storm sewer installation should begin next week
- They will begin rock lining the creek bed once storm sewers are installed
- As of 8/28/19:
- KCI Construction has completed the rock toes and rock flood bench along the entire length of the creek. They continue to do some final grading on the north slope behind Bogey Hills Country Club.
- DJM Ecological has begun placing straw wattles and erosion control blankets on the north slope.
- Retaining wall work is expected to begin the first week of September. The retaining wall work is expected to take 4-5 weeks to complete.
- We’re hoping to have significant project completion by the end of October.