Second at Lawrence Stormwater Project - 17STM16
Construction Ward - 1
Contractor - Gershenson Construction
This project involves the construction of new stormwater collection systems East of Fourth Street between Lawrence & Randolph. This project will allow for future area stormwater improvements.
The intersection of Third Street and Baynard, south to Lawrence Street, then east across the KATY Trail to the outfall into the Missouri River.
Current Project Activities
- Project charter was approved in October 2016
- Design will be complete in Spring 2018
- Right-of-Way will be complete in Spring 2018
- Construction will begin in Spring 2018 and be substantially complete in late Summer 2018
- A Open House for the project was held on January 17, 2018
- Low bidder was Gershenson Construction
- Notice to Proceed was issued on December 10, 2018
- Construction is expected to begin the week of January 20, 2019
- During construction, a portion of the Katy Trail will be closed and detoured to Second Street. Please reference the detour map below for additional information
- Crews installed the Katy Trail closure and detour on January 22, 2019
- Construction of the 60 inch stormwater collection system began on January 22, 2019
- The flared end section (outfall) for the new 60 inch stormwater system was installed on the week of January 27, 2019
- The new force main pipe was pressure tested the week of February 3, 2019
- The week of February 24, 2019 crews completed installing the new force main and several air release valves
- As of April 5, new stormwater control piping has been installed along Bayard Street, Lower Randolph Street, and West Randolph Street
- Project Update as of September 20: Due to high river levels and ground water infiltrating the trench excavation, no work has been able to be performed since back in April. River levels have significantly fallen and we believe we can resume work. Our contractor, Gershenson Construction, moved their equipment back on site. They will start to install the remainder of the 60” pipe along the alley beginning 9/20/19.
- Installation of all new pipe work, was completed on October 17. Gershenson is currently working on pavement and site restoration.