Seventh Street to Boone's Lick Stormwater Upgrade
Impacted Ward: 2
Contractor: JTL Landscaping, LLC.
Beginning in the 1940’s, a northern branch of Blanchette Creek was incrementally rerouted from its natural streambed into an assortment of culverts & tunnels. This branch of Blanchette Creek has a catchment area extending northwest from the intersection of Boone’s Lick Road & Fifth Street to the Lindenwood University Campus; in total, around 170 acres of residential, commercial, church, and university owned parcels drain through this network of tunnels & pipes.
The existing pipes and box culverts do not adequately convey storm water flows, and cause frequent flooding to homes along the storm sewers route between Perry Street & Fifth Street. Additionally, significant portions of the conveyance system are beginning to deteriorate and are structurally deficient. Of note, the existing system passes under or near several homes and may not be located within its dedicated easement in several locations. The selected design consultant will be responsible for determining the pipe sizes, inlet spacing, routing, and final design of the stormwater conveyance system. Design will also include utility coordination, impacted sanitary or waterline design, and an alternatives analysis that could include a combination of up-sizing the existing system, rerouting part of the flow, detention, and property acquisitions.
- Expression of Interest (EOI) received from 15 firms in early September 2017. HR Green was selected as the Design Engineering firm and the final design plans were approved in December 2018.
- Easement acquisitions were completed December 2019
- Construction began June 2020.
- Excavation of the area has begun. Crews have started digging holes along 7th Street from Perry to McDonough to verify utility locations. The contractor has begun clearing out the area on the south side of Schaeffer Place and started creating new drainage structures.
- Installation of the new storm sewer along 7th Street will not begin until July.
Public Meetings for this project were held at Lincoln Elementary (625 South Sixth Street) on September 12, 2018 and November 29, 2018
First Public Meeting Materials (held on September 12, 2018)
Presentation slides (PDF)
Option 1 Display (PDF)
Option 2 Display (PDF)
Option 3 Display (PDF)
Option 4 Display (PDF)
Option 5 Display (PDF)
Second Public Meeting Materials (held on November 29, 2018)
Option A Display
Option B Display
Project Survey Results - Survey closed on December 7, 2018. These results will be presented to City Council Members and the Board of Public Works