Seventh Street to Boone's Lick Stormwater Upgrade
Impacted Ward - 2
Beginning in the 1940’s, a northern branch of Blanchette Creek was incrementally rerouted from its natural streambed into an assortment of culverts & tunnels. This branch of Blanchette Creek has a catchment area extending northwest from the intersection of Boone’s Lick Road & Fifth Street to the Lindenwood University Campus; in total, around 170 acres of residential, commercial, church, and university owned parcels drain through this network of tunnels & pipes.
The existing pipes and box culverts do not adequately convey storm water flows, and cause frequent flooding to homes along the storm sewers route between Perry Street & Fifth Street. Additionally, significant portions of the conveyance system are beginning to deteriorate and are structurally deficient. Of note, the existing system passes under or near several homes and may not be located within its dedicated easement in several locations. The selected design consultant will be responsible for determining the pipe sizes, inlet spacing, routing, and final design of the stormwater conveyance system. Design will also include utility coordination, impacted sanitary or waterline design, and an alternatives analysis that could include a combination of up-sizing the existing system, rerouting part of the flow, detention, and property acquisitions.
- Project Charter approved in August 2017
- Expression of Interest (EOI) received from 15 firms in early September 2017
- HR Green was selected as the Design Engineering firm
- Crews completed survey work in February 2018
- After public input, an alternative was selected for design and approved by the Board of Public Works in December 2018
- Preliminary plans were submitted July 2019
- Easement acquisitions were completed December 2019
- Final plans approved in February 2020. Project currently out for bid opening on April 2, 2020.
Public Meetings for this project were held at Lincoln Elementary (625 South Sixth Street) on September 12, 2018 and November 29, 2018
First Public Meeting Materials (held on September 12, 2018)
Presentation slides (PDF)
Option 1 Display (PDF)
Option 2 Display (PDF)
Option 3 Display (PDF)
Option 4 Display (PDF)
Option 5 Display (PDF)
Second Public Meeting Materials (held on November 29, 2018)
Option A Display
Option B Display
Project Survey Results - Survey closed on December 7, 2018. These results will be presented to City Council Members and the Board of Public Works