Skinner Industrial Drive Trunkmain Replacement & Intersection Improvements
Impacted Ward: 8
Contractor: XL Contracting
The project is located along Skinner Industrial Drive at New Town Blvd. The existing 27-inch asphalt-lined corrugated metal pipe from the outlet of the Sandfort Creek force main to the 42-inch trunkmain at New Town Blvd is in poor condition and in need of replacement. The project will replace approximately 2,150 linear feet of sanitary trunk sewer.
Design of the realignment of Skinner Industrial Drive at New Town Blvd to Mueller Road was added to the project. This will help to alleviate congestion at the Mueller Road signal due to truck traffic entering Skinner Industrial Drive.
Virtual Road Show
The project will replace a deteriorated and failing sanitary sewer pipe and will help improve traffic flow at the intersection of New Town Boulevard and Mueller Road. Almost all work can be done without impacting traffic and during the main construction, at least one lane of traffic will be maintained at all times.
Learn more through our Virtual Road Show video:
Skinner Industrial Drive at New Town Boulevard.
- All utilities have now been cleared. Contractors have begun clearing out the creek bank and box culvert. They will begin excavating for the relocated 8" water line.
- As of May 2020, the contractor is working on constructing the box culvert. They are also potholing to locate existing water and sewer lines.
- As of June 2020, the new 8 foot water main is in service with the exception of new fire hydrants. The old water main has been removed and crews have almost finished excavation/clearing for the new box culvert.
- Crews have begun working on installing the 27 foot sanitary sewer on the south side of the creek. Reinhold Electric has begun to install temporary traffic signals at the intersection of Mueller Rd and New Town Blvd that will be activated during the week of July 20th. The existing signals will be taken down.
- Workers are investigating a Water Main leak in the area. Construction workers will be working to repair a failed water line as they install a new water valve. This installation is tentatively scheduled for August 3rd. The right lane of Southbound New Town Boulevard at Mueller Rd will remain closed through mid-August.
- The right lane of Mueller Road just east of New Town Blvd remains to be closed while pavement is underway. The right lane of Southbound New Town Blvd remains closed while workers continue repairs to the old water main.