The Engineering Department issues the following types of permits:
- Right-of-Way Usage: Obstructions (dumpster, POD, crane, etc) affecting land in which the City has an easement, has been dedicated by use or is required for use such as a sidewalk, street or alleyway
- Sanitary Sewer Connection/Extension:
- Water Main Connection/Extension:
- Storm Sewer:
For all other permits (ex: building, HVAC, water heater, fence, mechanical/electrical, etc) & contractor licensing, please contact the Department of Community Development - Building Division Ph: 636-949-3222
How do I apply?
- You may also visit our office located at: 200 N 2nd Street, Suite 202
All payments may be made via credit card, cash or check.
Is a permit required to extend/replace a driveway?
- Yes, any work affecting public infrastructure (sidewalks, streets) and utilities requires a permit. Flatwork on private property, including driveway replacement outside of right-of-way, does not require a permit.
What are the fees for a sidewalk/driveway permit?
- Residential = $10, Commercial = $15
What documents are required to apply for a permit?
- Sidewalk/Driveway permits typically do not require plans.
- Right-of-Way Usage and Excavation permits typically only require a sketch of the work area as well as a traffic control plan if impacting the road.
- All other permits require the submittal of improvement plans that have been signed and sealed by a professional engineer registered in the State of Missouri.
- Contractors applying for work within the City should have an active permit license.
What is the application and approval process for online permits?
- Fill out and submit your permit,
- Your permit will be reviewed and approved for payment by City Staff,
- Pay all fees associated with the permit,
- City Staff will assign an inspector and issue your permit.
How long is the approval process?
- Sidewalk/Driveway permits and Right-of-Way Usage can often be acquired within a day, with walkups issued the same day. Other permit review times vary, but are typically reviewed within 1-week.
How do I receive my permit?
- Once your permit is reviewed and payment is received, you can view/print your permit online
Is a permit required to place a dumpster/POD/crane in the street?
- Yes, a Right-of-Way Usage permit is required.
- Type 2 lighted barricades and traffic control are required
If dumpster or POD is placed in the driveway, no permit is required
What are the fees for a permit?
What ward is the address of my permit in?
- You may find the ward number here
- "Agree" to terms
- Type address in search bar at the top of the page,
- Click on address as it auto-populates
- The map will then take you to the location and the ward number will be on the screen.
- If you do not see the ward number, click the green "layers" button near the bottom of the page & expand the arrow drop down next to ’Wards’. You will then see a color coded legend.