Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The City of Saint Charles is aware of the recent concerns surrounding confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in St. Louis County, MO. At this time, the Public Health Department has stressed that “risk to the general public remains low.” In the meantime, we recommend that all guests visiting Saint Charles businesses as well as the Main Street Historic District businesses, all attractions, lodging properties, restaurants and retail shops practice good health hygiene. Please wash your hands, use a tissue or your arm when sneezing or coughing, and use your best judgment when you are not feeling well. Our businesses have thorough and comprehensive cleaning and disinfecting procedures in place, hand sanitizer dispensers and bathrooms equipped with anti-bacterial soap. Thank you for your cooperation.
For regular, local updates please check the link for our local Public Health Department. For additional information about COVID-19, please read the latest report from the Centers for Disease Control at www.cdc.gov
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services has activated a statewide public hotline for citizens or providers needing guidance regarding COVID-19. The hotline can be reached at 877-435-8411. The hotline is being operated by medical professionals and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The City of Saint Charles City Hall is closed to the public until further notice. Please contact us through e-mail, our website, or by phone for questions.
St. Charles County Executive Steve Ehlmann recently announced that St. Charles County will follow Missouri Governor Mike Parson’s "Show Me Strong Recovery" plan for COVID-19. "We will continue to do everything in our power to make sure that, if St. Charles County residents decide to patronize a business, they are able to do so as safely as possible." - County Executive Ehlmann.
For details about the "Show Me Strong Recovery" plan, visit governor.mo.gov.
Temporary Suspensions of City Ordinances and/or Rules due to COVID-19 Pandemic
All are listed below as: Description; Ordinance or Rule
SCAT fares waived. ORD 92-94
Fire Hydrant Fees waived. Code 700.170
Extend Previously approved site plans beyond one year. Code 400.900 (D)(3)
Extend Previously approved Conditional Use Permit beyond one year. Code 400.900 (E)(4)
Temporary suspension of Division 2 sign regulations. Code 400.1440 thru 400.1690
Temporary suspension of Division 3 signs permitted for Commercial uses (non-residential). Code 400.1720 thru 400.1730
Temporary suspension of Division 8 sign permits, fees, and procedures. Code 400.1840 thru 1860
Temporary suspension of requirement for Home Occupations to provide notice to adjoining properties and meeting with applicant. Code 400.430(A)(4)(b)
Temporary suspension of requirement for Building permits expiring in one year. Code 500.035
Temporary suspension of Rental Unit Inspection Program. Code 500.330
Temporary suspension of Commercial Unit Inspection Program. Code 500.810
Temporary extension of Plumber and Drainlayer licenses and HVAC contractor licenses to expire on June 30. Code 500.270(D) and 500.590
Temporary suspension of parking card fees. Code 350.050
Temporary suspension of late payment penalties established by ordinance including but not limited to water and sewer utility bills. Code 700.150
Temporary suspension of business license renewal late fees. Code 605.150; 620.070; 675.810
Temporary suspension of appearance requirement for granting of liquor licenses. Code 600.180
Temporary suspension of enforcement of the ordinance that prohibits parking an RV in a driveway and the ordinance that prohibits using an RV as a dwelling unit. Code 400.600(A) and 400.600.C
Temporary suspension of the food sales requirements in Historic Downtown District. Code 600.280
Suspension of food sales requirement for issuance of a renewal liquor license in Historic Downtown District for license year July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 based on calendar year 2019 sales. Code 600.280.A.10
Temporary suspension of alarm billing fees for false alarms. Code 635.030
- The fourth of July Parade and Riverfest Celebration, originally scheduled for July 3rd and 4th on the riverfront, have been cancelled for this year. Click here for the press release.
- The City of Saint Charles has closed all playgrounds, restrooms, and drinking fountains until further notice.
- Thursday Grand Lunches at the Foundry Art Centre are postponed until further notice.
- The Trivia Night scheduled for April 17th at the Foundry Art Centre will be rescheduled later in 2020.
- The City of Saint Charles Senior Center has announced that it will be closed to their congregate until April 22nd. They will still be delivering Home Bound Meals, and are working out a system if someone is in need of picking up a meal, or needing a meal delivered to them.
- Click the link to view changes to our SCAT Transportation System.
- The Saint Charles City Municipal Division has rescheduled the following court dates
- 03/19/2020 @ 6PM TO 5/28/2020 @ 6PM
03/23/2020 @ 5PM TO 6/22/2020 @ 5PM
04/07/2020 @ 9AM TO 6/2/2020 @ 9AM
04/15/2020 @ 2PM TO 6/10/2020 @ 2PM
04/23/2020 @ 6PM TO 7/23/2020 @ 6PM
04/27/2020 @ 5PM TO 7/27/2020 @ 5PM
05/05/2020 @ 9AM TO 7/7/2020 @ 9AM
- 03/19/2020 @ 6PM TO 5/28/2020 @ 6PM
- March 14: The Celtic Tenors performance at J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts at Lindenwood University was cancelled.
- March 14: The Concordia Chicago University Wind Symphony concert at Immanuel Lutheran Fellowship Hall was cancelled.
- March 15: The Saint Charles Municipal Band Concert at the Foundry Art Centre was cancelled.
- March 16: The Landmarks Board Meeting was cancelled.
- March 16: The public forum at Discovery Elementary School to solicit community input regarding a proposed homeless shelter was postponed. Rescheduled date still pending.
- March 19: The Human Relations Commission Meeting was cancelled.
- March 19 - March 22: The Moolah Shrine Circus has been postponed and rescheduled for October 15th - 18th at the Family Arena. Tickets purchased for the original dates will be honored on the new dates.
- March 20: The "Voting Daughters Reception" exhibition at the Foundry Art Centre will be rescheduled during the run of the exhibition.
- March 23: The Planning and Zoning Meeting was cancelled.
- April 04: Mission: Clean Stream was cancelled.